The Arkansas Autism Resource & Outreach Center (AAROC) was established January 2008 as a non-profit 501(c)3 organization. The mission of the AAROC is to provide Hope, Direction & Support to families of individuals diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder, and we fulfill our mission through the following activities:
- Family Fun Days to defer the cost for families to enjoy a day at the Little Rock Zoo or a community festival.
- Information and Referral Services to assist families with identifying available services, eligibility criteria, and necessary paperwork
- Emotional Support by connecting families to other families in their community who have similar experiences and by providing caring staff who are available to talk through issues, or simply listen, when they need it
- Technical Assistance by answering questions on a variety of topics including school issues, IEPS, Medicaid services, postsecondary options, behavioral challenges, etc.
Education and Training:
- Seminars and conferences for parents, therapists, educators and health care professionals
- A four-part series offered quarterly for parents whose children have been newly diagnosed
Awareness and Advocacy:
- Various fundraising and awareness activities
- Legislative Advocacy
- Participation on the Legislative Task Force on Autism
For more information about AAROC, call us at (501) 454-8542 or email email@example.com
Download a booklet about AAROC at https://tinyurl.com/AR-AAROC